ORIX Leasing Malaysia Berhad (15741-D) and its group of companies namely, ORIX Credit Malaysia Sdn Bhd (67108-U), ORIX Rentec (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (409683-T), ORIX Factoring Malaysia Sdn Bhd (204002-V), ORIX Auto Leasing Malaysia Sdn Bhd (23992-T), ORIX Car Rentals Sdn Bhd (179154-P), ORIX Equipment Rental Sdn Bhd (196015-V), ORIX Insurance Agencies Sdn Bhd (301731-W), ORIX Risk Management Sdn Bhd (350234-W), ORIX Protect Sdn Bhd (574279-K), ORIX Asset Management Malaysia Sdn Bhd (803523-H) and ORIX Energy Malaysia Sdn Bhd (67887-A) (collectively, “ORIX”) are in the business of providing financial services / facilities such as (but not limited to) hire-purchase, equipment & auto leasing, factoring, term loan, car & equipment rental, and insurance to their respective customers and respect the privacy of individuals with regard to your personal data.
If you are reading this Notice on behalf of a company or business organisation which maintains a contractual relationship with ORIX, this Notice is intended to be addressed to, with limitation, the individual corporate officers (authorised signatories, company secretaries), directors, shareholders, guarantors, obligors of the company or business organisation (“the Individuals”) and “you” shall be construed accordingly to mean the Individuals therein.
ORIX is committed to ensure that your information is kept confidential and secure and that is why we have designed procedures to ensure your privacy in all facets of our relationship. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it shall only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Please take note that ORIX may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
What we collect and do with the information collected
When accessing this page, we may collect the following information:-
- Your name and job designation.
- Contact information including your e-mail address
- Demographic information such as addresses, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Please be informed ORIX may also retain your personal data previously provided by you to ORIX and / or as ORIX may have obtained from or through public records or other sources in the course of providing the financial services / facilities to ORIX’s customer or to you will likely continue to be used and processed by ORIX.
ORIX may use the information for the following purposes:-
- To assess and process your accounts with ORIX;
- To establish a relationship between you and ORIX;
- To update your records with ORIX;
- To communicate and / or respond to any of your requests for information;
- To monitor the conduct of ORIX customer’s or your account(s);
- To support ORIX and / or its related companies’ business, risk management, cross-marketing of financial services / facilities;
- To assess and monitor credit worthiness;
- To enable relevant parties to evaluate any actual or proposed assignment, participation, sub-participation and/or novation of ORIX’s rights and / or obligation under any financial services / facilities;
- For general operation and maintenance of the financial services / facilities;
- For enforcement against ORIX’s customer and / or your obligation, including without limitation the collection of amounts outstanding from ORIX’s customer;
- For prevention and detection of crime;
- For compliance with the requirements for retention of data pursuant to any applicable law(s);
- For any purpose required by law or regulation; and
- From time to time, we may also use the information to contact you by email, phone, fax or mail for market research purposes. We may also use the information to customize the website according to your interest.
Further, please be informed that if required, ORIX may disclose or transfer your personal data to companies within ORIX and / or to its related companies, and to third parties including agents and service providers, to credit reporting agencies, business partners or licensees, financial institutions or any person who is under a duty to keep the personal data confidential, who may be located within or outside Malaysia. In the event that ORIX discloses or transfers your personal data to those aforesaid parties, ORIX will require the parties to process your personal data with at least the same degree of care that ORIX uses to protect its own confidential and proprietary information. ORIX may also disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, if such action is necessary to comply with any court or regulatory orders or accounting requirements or in good faith to protect and defend its rights and property.
ORIX is committed in ensuring that all your personal data held by us will be kept confidential and secured in accordance with ORIX’s Information Security Policy and pursuant to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force. All reasonable efforts and practical steps will be taken to ensure that all your personal data held by ORIX are kept and are protected against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Rights under the Act
Under the Act, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data:-
- To request for access to and make correction of your personal data kept and held by ORIX;
- To request ORIX to cease processing your personal data that will cause damage or distress to you or another person who may be identified from your personal data;
- To request ORIX to limit processing of your personal data or personal data of another person who may be identified from your personal data;
- To request ORIX to cease processing your personal data for purposes of direct marketing; and
- To withdraw your consent for ORIX to continue processing your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights or to make any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, you may contact ORIX’s Data Protection Officer at 03-2632-7367, and write to the Data Protection Officer, Suite 19-1, Level 19, Vertical Corporate Tower B, Avenue 10, The Vertical, No. 8, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South City, 59200 Kuala Lumpur. The foregoing inquiries or requests to your personal data are subject to prescribed fees and requirements under the Act.