PC and IT Equipment
Short Term Rental
Key Advantages of Rental
- Access to Newest Technology & No risk of Obsolescence
- With the fast progress of technology, you are concerned that your equipment might become obsolete in a short time. This puts you into a less competitive position in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
- You can select the latest and most advanced models in the market from our rental inventory. There is no risk of obsolescence.
- With extensive inventory, customers have all the resources they need to complete today’s installation projects in time to develop tomorrow’s technology. New equipment is continuously being added to replace older models, allowing the inventory to keep pace with the technological advance in the industry.
- Emergency Requirement
- In highly competitive industry, you could not wait for the delivery from your suppliers or in the case of equipment sudden breakdown. Rental can put the right equipment on your hands at the right time.
- Rental Term Flexibility
- ORS offers rent of equipment for periods as short as one week and you are free to discontinue* or extend your rental contracts anytime.
- For overseas rental, the minimum rental period is one month.
- Maximize Your Operating Budget
- Purchase of equipment could use up large amounts of funds that must be replenished by utilizing your credit line. Rental fees are treated as operating expenditure; you can increase the efficiency of your company’s management.
- Rental scheme can also be treated as an Off Balance Sheet item and hence improved your company’s gearing position.
- Reliable Equipment Performance
- You are prepare to purchase equipment but are concerned about the time and budget for maintenance, repair and calibration. ORS is responsible for the maintenance of the equipment. The cost of repair (normal wear and tear), calibration or warehousing could be a burden for you. If you rent, no such expenses are incurred except rental charge.
- Reliable equipment performance is ensured by the conscientious and strict maintenance and calibration procedures that ORS performs on all its rental equipment. Thus you need not undertake costly and troublesome precision assurance activities.
- Short Term Needs
- Sudden needs for equipment for testing, commissioning or new projects? ORS is able to supply the ideal products for meeting customer’s diverse needs.
Please note the following:* Rental fees are subject to change according to economic conditions.
* All rentals are subject to Rental Terms & Conditions applied. Please contact with ORS.
* When returning rented equipment to ORS, be sure to make backup copies for the data that are created with the rented equipment. We will not be responsible for any data loss. Please check that no data is left in the rental equipment, as the hard disk of the equipment will be reformatted when returned to ORS.
- Selection of Equipment
Please contact us
- ORIX Rentec (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (ORS) will offer information and advice regarding equipment selection, options required, the number of units, availability of equipment, rental period and fees, delivery time and place.
- Equipment can be delivered on the following day if it is available in Singapore warehouse (for local delivery). Otherwise it will take one to three weeks upon confirmation of the order. (Delivery costs are accounted for separately from rental fees)
- Start of Rental Period
Be sure to inspect the equipment upon receipt
- When rented equipment is delivered, please check the accompanying accessories against the list.
- The boxes and other packaging materials in which the equipment is delivered are required for use when returning the equipment. Please store these boxes and other packaging materials. (For Long term contract, we may collect the packing and boxes on your request. Shipping and handling fees, however, will be charged separately)
Initial payment = Rental fee for the first month + Cost of consumables (if any) + Cost of insurance (if any) + Delivery costs (round trip) + Goods and Services Tax (GST) + Deposit (refundable without interest)
- Second and subsequent payments will equal the monthly rental fee + GST, payable in advance for each month.
- Payment terms may vary for different customers.
- During Rental Period
Feel free to contact us about any equipment-related matters
- The rental period begins on the day you receive rental equipment and ends on the day the equipment is returned to ORS.
- Contact ORS if there are any problems with equipment breakdowns or malfunctioning during the rental period. Aiming to minimize your inconvenience, ORS shall make its best effort to supply replacement of an identical or similar item of equipment.
- Adjustment of Rental Period
Please inform us in advance by telephone
- On or before five days prior to the final day of your rental period, please contact ORS by telephone to either confirm the end of rental period or extend it. Should you wish to terminate the rental contract earlier than the original period, please contact ORS.
- Return of Equipment
Please be sure to check accessories
- When returning rented equipment, please check the accompanying accessories against the list. If any accessory is missing, you are responsible for the replacement costs. (Accessories are not covered by insurance)
- When returning, we request you to pack the equipment in the boxes and other packaging materials in which it was delivered.
- Equipment to be returned may be picked up by a courier company arranged by ORS. (Pick-up costs are accounted for separately from the rental fees)
- Insurance Coverage
Please be sure to check accessories
- All equipment is insured for the entire rental period locally. In the event when the equipment is lost or damaged, please inform ORS immediately. A police report would be required from the Hirer. If any loss or damage is not fully claimable or is rejected by the insurer, the hirer is fully responsible to make good the loss or damage.
- For overseas rental, full equipment insurance cover for the rental period can be arranged for an additional charge. If this option is not selected, the equipment insurance becomes your responsibility from the collection of equipment to its return.
- The equipment rented or sold to customers by ORS is for use exclusively within Singapore. If the equipment is to be exported, please contact ORS. In such cases, the hirer is responsible, as the exporter, for conforming to customs rules and regulations of Singapore and other relevant countries.
Short Term Rental FAQ
1. How do I open an account?
For Local Customer, we would require you to fill in the Customer Registration Form and submit together with the Company Profile.
For Overseas Customer, we would require to fill in the Customer Registration Form and submit together with the Company Incorporation Certificate.
Please print and fill in the Customer Registration Form and fax it to (65) 6745-6595 together with the Company Profile/Company Incorporation Certificate. With these documents provided, our finance department can process your request in opening an account.
Long Term Rental
A flexible rental scheme for period ranging from 12 months to 24 months or longer.
We offer a viable alternative in giving your business the all important business advantage, through rental.
Why do I want to rent for long term?
- See Benefits of Rental Scheme.
- Opportunities for technology refresh, upgrades, swaps and early cancellation.
What happens at the end of rental period?
- Option to renew rental on a monthly or yearly basis.
- Return the equipment to ORIX Rentec
- Option to purchase the equipment at a fair market value
- Upgrade to the latest equipment.
Can I cancel the rental contract earlier?
- Yes, anytime after the minimum rental period of 12 months (for long term scheme).
- We give you this value added flexibility to allow you to effectively manage your budget as well as to allow you to upgrade to the latest and most advanced models in the market.
What documentation do I need to provide?For credit assessment purposes, just provide us:
- Company profile
- Memorandum and Articles of Incorporation, Form 24 and From 49,
- Audited accounts for latest 3 years,
- Latest six months bank statements,
- Latest up to date interim/management accounts
- Bank facility letter (if any).
Sale of Pre-owned Equipment
ORS sells pre-owned PC & ICT rental asset to buyers as a way to help them achieve:
- Lower capital expenditure
- Better cash flow management
- Wide selection of equipment