ORIX Leasing Malaysia Berhad (15741-D) and its group of companies namely, ORIX Credit Malaysia Sdn Bhd (67108-U), ORIX Rentec (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (409683-T), ORIX Factoring Malaysia Sdn Bhd (204002-V), ORIX Auto Leasing Malaysia Sdn Bhd (23992-T), ORIX Car Rentals Sdn Bhd (179154-P), ORIX Equipment Rental Sdn Bhd (196015-V), ORIX Insurance Agencies Sdn Bhd (301731-W), ORIX Risk Management Sdn Bhd (350234-W), ORIX Protect Sdn Bhd (574279-K), ORIX Asset Management Malaysia Sdn Bhd (803523-H) and ORIX Energy Malaysia Sdn Bhd (67887-A) (collectively, “ORIX”) are in the business of providing financial services / facilities such as (but not limited to) hire-purchase, equipment & auto leasing, factoring, term loan, car & equipment rental, and insurance to their respective customers and respect the privacy of individuals with regard to your personal data.
If you are reading this Notice on behalf of a company or business organisation which maintains a contractual relationship with ORIX, this Notice is intended to be addressed to, with limitation, the individual corporate officers (authorised signatories, company secretaries), directors, shareholders, guarantors, obligors of the company or business organisation (“the Individuals”) and “you” shall be construed accordingly to mean the Individuals therein.
ORIX is committed to ensure that your information is kept confidential and secure and that is why we have designed procedures to ensure your privacy in all facets of our relationship. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it shall only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Please take note that ORIX may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
What we collect and do with the information collected
When accessing this page, we may collect the following information:-
- Your name and job designation.
- Contact information including your e-mail address
- Demographic information such as addresses, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Please be informed ORIX may also retain your personal data previously provided by you to ORIX and / or as ORIX may have obtained from or through public records or other sources in the course of providing the financial services / facilities to ORIX’s customer or to you will likely continue to be used and processed by ORIX.
ORIX may use the information for the following purposes:-
- To assess and process your accounts with ORIX;
- To establish a relationship between you and ORIX;
- To update your records with ORIX;
- To communicate and / or respond to any of your requests for information;
- To monitor the conduct of ORIX customer’s or your account(s);
- To support ORIX and / or its related companies’ business, risk management, cross-marketing of financial services / facilities;
- To assess and monitor credit worthiness;
- To enable relevant parties to evaluate any actual or proposed assignment, participation, sub-participation and/or novation of ORIX’s rights and / or obligation under any financial services / facilities;
- For general operation and maintenance of the financial services / facilities;
- For enforcement against ORIX’s customer and / or your obligation, including without limitation the collection of amounts outstanding from ORIX’s customer;
- For prevention and detection of crime;
- For compliance with the requirements for retention of data pursuant to any applicable law(s);
- For any purpose required by law or regulation; and
- From time to time, we may also use the information to contact you by email, phone, fax or mail for market research purposes. We may also use the information to customize the website according to your interest.
Further, please be informed that if required, ORIX may disclose or transfer your personal data to companies within ORIX and / or to its related companies, and to third parties including agents and service providers, to credit reporting agencies, business partners or licensees, financial institutions or any person who is under a duty to keep the personal data confidential, who may be located within or outside Malaysia. In the event that ORIX discloses or transfers your personal data to those aforesaid parties, ORIX will require the parties to process your personal data with at least the same degree of care that ORIX uses to protect its own confidential and proprietary information. ORIX may also disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, if such action is necessary to comply with any court or regulatory orders or accounting requirements or in good faith to protect and defend its rights and property.
ORIX is committed in ensuring that all your personal data held by us will be kept confidential and secured in accordance with ORIX’s Information Security Policy and pursuant to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force. All reasonable efforts and practical steps will be taken to ensure that all your personal data held by ORIX are kept and are protected against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Rights under the Act
Under the Act, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data:-
- To request for access to and make correction of your personal data kept and held by ORIX;
- To request ORIX to cease processing your personal data that will cause damage or distress to you or another person who may be identified from your personal data;
- To request ORIX to limit processing of your personal data or personal data of another person who may be identified from your personal data;
- To request ORIX to cease processing your personal data for purposes of direct marketing; and
- To withdraw your consent for ORIX to continue processing your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights or to make any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, you may contact ORIX’s Data Protection Officer at 03-2632-7367, and write to the Data Protection Officer, Suite 19-1, Level 19, Vertical Corporate Tower B, Avenue 10, The Vertical, No. 8, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South City, 59200 Kuala Lumpur. The foregoing inquiries or requests to your personal data are subject to prescribed fees and requirements under the Act.
Notice to customers relating to the Do Not Call Provisions under Part IX and the Personal Data Provisions under Parts III to VI of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“PDPA”)
- This Privacy Notice applies to information, including personal data, collected about you by ORIX Rentec (Singapore) Pte Ltd (“ORS”), referred to in this statement either individually or collectively as “ORS”, “we”, “our” or “us”.
- This Privacy Notice outlines the protection of your privacy and the confidentiality of your “personal data” (as ascribed under the PDPA as amended, revised or re-enacted thereto from time to time) collected by ORS online through our Website, as well as offline through our products and services offered over the counter, by our Customer Service Representatives, and/or our sales and marketing team and our commitment to keeping your personal information confidential and secure.
- This Policy applies to all individuals whose personal data is in our possession or under our control, and does not apply to information that does not relate to individuals, for instance information relating to corporations.
- This Policy also applies to personal data that we may collect from third parties.
- This Policy further does not extend to or cover any third party websites which, with or without our authority, may be linked from and/or to our website.
Do-Not-Call Privacy Statement
- ORS in accordance with the Do Not Call Provisions under Part IX of the PDPA ("DNC Provisions") intend to notify you why personal data is collected and how it may be used to send you marketing and/or promotional messages. The DNC Provisions, which have become effective since 2nd January 2014, introduce certain changes to the way in which we may send you promotional and/or marketing messages and call you via your Singapore telephone number(s).
- Marketing messages are messages sent to individuals with the intention of advertising; promoting oroffering to provide goods or services; business opportunities or advertising; or promoting the supplier or provider of the aforesaid. These changes will however generally not affect our sending of other types of messages via your Singapore telephone number(s), such as informational and service related messages, messages for a pure market survey or research; messages that promote charitable or religious causes; personal messages sent by individuals.
Use of Data in Direct Marketing
- If you have registered your telephone number with the DNC Registry, we will not send you promotional and/or marketing messages.
- Notwithstanding the above, if you have previously consented to our sending you such messages via your telephone number, we will continue to do so until you withdraw your consent.
Examples of the personal data which ORS may collect, use and/or disclose in order to send you marketing and/or promotional messages about our products and services which may be of interest and relevance to you include (non-exhaustive list): your name, contact details, transaction patterns and behavior, and demographic data.
Personal Data Protection Statement
- Collection and Use
- ORS may collect, use or disclose broadly your personal data for the following purposes:-
(a) to evaluate / consider your application / guarantee / security for our financial services / facilities;
(b) to establish a relationship between you and us;
(c) to update your records with us;
(d) to communicate and / or respond to any of your requests for information;
(e) to monitor the conduct of our customer’s account(s);
(f) to support us and / or our related companies’ businesses, risk management, cross- marketing of financial services / facilities;
(g) to assess and monitor our customer / your creditworthiness;
(h) to enable relevant parties to evaluate any actual or proposed assignment, participation, sub-participation and / or novation of our rights and / or obligation under any of the financial services / facilities;
(i) for general operation and maintenance of the financial services / facilities;
(j) for enforcement against our customer and / or your obligation, including without limitation the collection of amounts outstanding from our customer;
(k) for prevention and detection of crime;
(l) for compliance with the requirements for retention of Personal Data pursuant to any applicable law(s);
(m) for any purpose required by law or regulation;
(n) for other purposes for which we have obtained your consent; and
(o) for all other actions and processes incidental to or associated with the above, hereinafter collectively referred to as “Purposes”).
- If ORS was already in possession of your personal data, subject to all applicable provisions under the PDPA, we may continue to use your personal data for the purposes for which the personal data was collected.
- If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained and/or shall obtain the consent of that third party to you providing us with their personal data and shall furnish a copy of the said consent if we were to request for the same.
- ORS may collect, use or disclose broadly your personal data for the following purposes:-
- Withdrawal of Consent
- You may at any time withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by giving reasonable written notice to our personal data protection officer and we shall cease such collection, use or disclosure of your personal data.
- You should however take note that if you withdraw your consent, we reserve all rights arising from the withdrawal and shall inform you of the likely consequences of your withdrawal.
- ORS shall not sell your personal data to any third party for any purpose including marketing or commercial purposes.
- ORS shall ensure only authorised employees will have access to your personal data whereby, they are required to abide by their contractual obligations to maintain confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
- ORS may disclose your personal data in limited circumstances such as to the regulatory authority or law enforcement agencies or in accordance with the applicable laws, to ORS’s holding, subsidiary, related and/or associated companies to collect or report debts owed to us, to enforce and protect our rights, powers and remedies under our agreements including loan and/or security documents and to other third parties for such purposes as we deem fit.
- ORS may share your personal data with third parties, including those who provide support services or act as our agents, who must ensure that any personal data disclosed to them are kept confidential and secure and used only according to our instructions and directions.
- You may seek access to and make correction of your personal data (to a reasonable extent and as permitted by the PDPA) at any time by writing to our Data Protection Officer mentioned herein.
- We will, at your written request, endeavor to:
(a) provide you with an account of your personal data in our possession or control within a reasonable time. Such account shall be in respect of how your personal data has been or may have been generally used or disclosed within the year before the date of your request.
(b) correct your personal data that are in our possession or under our control as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You shall ensure that at all times the information provided by you to us is correct, accurate and complete.
- If you believe your records with us are inaccurate, incorrect, incomplete or not updated, please write to our Data Protection Officer and we shall update your records accordingly as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Security Measures
- ORS shall make reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal data that we may possess or control to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure or similar risks. This obligation is also extended by the PDPA to data intermediaries of ORS who shall process your personal data on our behalf.
- Your responsibility to protect your personal data
- It is important that you take the necessary steps to ensure that any personal data provided to us via email or any other channels of communication are done in a safe and secure manner.
- If you wish to access our website, always directly enter our website address in the browser address bar. Do not access our website via any hyperlink within emails.
- Please contact us immediately should you notice anything suspicious or encounter any issues, difficulties or irregularities in accessing our website.
- If using your personal computer or any other electronic device to access our website, please ensure you observe all recommended security or preventive measures, including those by your software and/or network security providers.
- Email messages sent to us over the Internet containing your personal data cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure and you shall assume all risks arising or in connection thereto including the risk of access and interference by unauthorised third parties.
- ORS shall not be liable to you for any losses, damages, expenses, costs (including legal costs) and charges (whether direct or indirect, foreseeable or unforeseeable, special, consequential or economic loss) incurred or suffered by you arising out of your sending your personal data to us in any manner of communication including over the Internet.
- Third Party Websites
- Our website may be linked to the websites of our holding, subsidiary, related and associated companies and to such other third party websites authorised by us.
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data is retained as long as the purpose for which it was collected continues and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal, regulatory, accounting or business requirements.
Transfer Limitation Obligation
ORS may transfer your personal data to another country only according to the requirements prescribed under the law and shall ensure that the standard of protection provided to your personal data so transferred will be comparable to the protection under the PDPA, unless exempted by the Personal Data Protection Commission.
With effect from 2nd July 2014, this Policy forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with us (“Terms and Conditions”) and should be read in conjunction with those Terms and Conditions.
We may amend, add, delete or substitute any of the terms and conditions of this Policy from time to time and place such amendments, additions, deletions or substitutions on our website. Please check this website regularly for the most recent version.
1. Any queries, concerns or complaints relating to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data shall be directed to our Data Protection Officer during our working hours of 8.30 am to 5.30 pm from Monday to Friday on our working days. Her designation and contact details are as follows:-
Finance & Administration Manager
2. Please note that when you contact us including via email, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any calls may be monitored, minuted and/or recorded.
3. We are committed to attend to your queries, concerns or complaints as expeditiously as possible.
This Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.